Just a reminder it is cold and flu season, with the addition of the new COVID-19 (Coronavirus). To help you all stay healthy here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Wash hands before and after training or use a hand sanitizing gel.
- Stay home when sick; a temperature is considered a fever at 100.0 F.
- Remain at home until fever has been gone for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medicines.
- Seek immediate medical care if symptoms become more severe, e.g., high fever or difficulty breathing.
- Use “respiratory etiquette”; Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve.
- Frequent hand washing is encouraged; wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Do not touch eyes, nose, or mouth — germs are often spread this way.
- Do not share personal items such as food, drinks, pencils and pens.
- Make sure to get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and eat well.
(California Department of Public Health, 2020)
REV is dedicated to keeping everyone healthy during this time period. We are receiving updates from the county and here is the latest information from today:
At this time, Orange County, CA continues to have only one confirmed case of COVID-19 a man in his 50s who has recovered. There have been no cases associated with person to person transmission in Orange County identified at this time. There is no evidence of person to person transmission occurring here. The risk to the public in Orange County, CA and throughout the United States remains low.
- Risk of infection to public in Orange County is believed to be low
- At this time, there is no recommendation to cancel business or social events
- All residents should practice good health hygiene which includes washing your hands, staying home if you are sick, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your sleeve (not hands).
The Orange County Health Care Agency has created a Health Referral line, where the public can ask questions about the coronavirus. The OCHCA Health Referral Line is (800) 564-8448. It is open M-F, 8AM-5PM.
Below are helpful links on both the Flu and COVID-19:
- CDC Key Facts about the Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/
- CDC Preventive Steps for the Flu: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/
- California Department of Public Health COVID-19:
- CDC COVID-19 (coronavirus) Facts: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Orange County Health Care Agency: COVID-19 Frequently asked questions:
phs/about/epidasmt/epi/dip/ prevention/novel_coronavirus_ faq